Terms and Conditions
Thank you for participating in New Canaan Mounted Troop, Inc.’s (NCMT) Virtual Adoption Program. We rely on our generous donors to continue the operations of NCMT.
Your “Virtual Adoption” is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You understand that this is a “virtual” adoption only, and that you are not entitled to any ownership of any kind of the horse or pony that you have chosen.
- By virtually adopting a horse or pony, you will be allowed to visit NCMT’s facilities and “your” horse or pony on designated virtual adoption visitation days only. If you cannot attend on the designated visitation dates, you may, at NCMT’s discretion, schedule an alternate visitation date depending on NCMT’s availability to accommodate you. We cannot guarantee that an alternate visitation date will be available.
- Occasionally our horses or ponies leave the NCMT program due to various circumstances. If the horse or pony you have chosen to virtually adopt leaves our facility prior to your designated visitation date, you will be allowed to choose an alternate horse or pony during your visitation day.
- Please note that we cannot offer refunds on your virtual adoption donation in the event that the horse or pony you have chosen is no longer part of the NCMT program.
- NCMT is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. Your donation may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. NCMT does not give tax advice and encourages you to consult with a tax advisor regarding your donation. NCMT is not responsible for any determination made by the United States Internal Revenue Service or any equivalent state, county or city agency regarding the tax status of your donation to NCMT.
- NCMT is not liable for any loss, damages or injuries that may occur as a result of your visit to its facilities. Horses and ponies, although tamed, trained and boarded at NCMT are in fact a “wild” animal, and may buck, shy, spook, kick, bite and/or react unexpectedly to the actions of other horses or ponies, riders, employees of NCMT, and environmental effects including but not limited to noise, wind, light/darkness, or any man-made or environmental anomaly beyond the control of NCMT, its instructors, guest instructors, Officers, Directors, Agents, and or Employees.
- NCMT reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will supersede any prior terms and conditions. NCMT further reserves the right to cancel the virtual adoption program at any time. In the event that the program is canceled, you will still be entitled to a visitation day at NCMT for any virtual adoptions occurring prior to the cancellation of the program.
- For further information about NCMT and its programs, please contact us at NCMT, 22 Carter Street, New Canaan, Connecticut 06840; telephone 203-966-0634.