At NCMT, showing is up to each individual child’s interests and goals. While we are not a “show barn”, we promote good sportsmanship and a chance to test riding skills in a competitive format. We encourage all Troopers to discuss with their instructors participation in the following opportunities:
- NCMT Review Shows: are “schooling shows” held in December and June after the Review Ceremonies.
- NCMT Benefit Show: is a schooling show held in May.
- Open Shows: are competitions governed and recognized by the USEF and the USHJA. NCMT runs 4 one-day shows per year. They are open to the general public, carry a “C” rating and take place in March, July and October. These may also be recognized by the following organizations:
- Blue Ribbon Ventures (local level)
- FW-PHA – Fairfield Westchester Professional Horseman’s Association (county level)
- CHJA – Connecticut Hunter Jumper Association (state level)
- NEHC – New England Horseman’s Council (regional level)
- “Away” Shows: are rated Open Shows held at other barns. NCMT usually takes a small number of participants to local area open shows during the summer months.
Horseless Horse Shows and Gymkhanas also take place at NCMT. Those are fun events for all Troopers!